I received my "red dot" replacement 950 on 9/6. The unit looked as new as my original when it was received. My initial listening to the replacement 950 on a few of my favorite DVDs indicated a better signal to noise level that translated into cleaner sound and more intelligible dialog at low volume levels. Hiss level appears lower, but hiss was not entirely eliminated.

On the "Diana Krall Live in Paris" a side comment directed to another band member was more audible. On "Lord of the Rings" some of the dialog was easier to discern over the music and LFE.

Unlike some of the posts, I did not notice any significant difference in the volume relative to my original 950. There may be a 1 or 2 db difference on the volume control to achieve a given sound level.

In all, I am happy with my decision to seek a replacement and am pleased with Outlaw Audio's efforts to address the problem. Many companies would have discounted the problem publicly and continued shipments, while quietly offering those who were most persistent in their complaints a discount on a repair or replacement. As a former owner of the Panasonic A310 DVD player, I have first hand experience with such practices.

For those still awaiting their 950, my recommendation is to hang in there a little longer. It appears Outlaw Audio now has the bugs out, is ready to ship in volume and the 950 will at last realize its potential.

Mike