if you use the icbm with x-overs set to 40, speakers set to "large", toggle switch set to "off" and adjust your subwoofer x-over to blend with the speakers...someone please tell me how you get double bass. the only way there will be double bass is if the engineer intended it to be there anyway.

would someone who has the time, inclination and equipment please use the above scenario and graph this "double bass" while playing an sacd or a dvd-a disc? same passage of the same disc on the same system, first graph through the 950 and second graph through whatever prepro is supposed to be different as to "bass management".

the icbm is no more than a multi-channel active high-pass filter with subwoofer level adjustment.

to "manage" bass, you need subsonic filters, time delay, parametric eq, filter damping adjustment, room acoustic treatment, polarity switch, phase adjustment, variably adjustable sub x-over and quality monitoring equipment to make the adjustments.

not to mention that, for playback to be accurate for multichannel scad/dvd-a, you need 5 matched full range speakers, set equi-distant from your ears dead on the arc of a circle.

if you have all these requirements, then you probably didn't wait for a 950 prepro to round out your system, but i do, and i did, and i am thrilled with the 950. mostly, because of it's outstanding bass sound.

i would certainly see that all the above requirements are met for sacd/dvd-a multi-channel playback before i pitched my 950 because of double bass is all i am saying in the end.