I'm sure there may be some negative effects on the warranty. But it's either this or start looking all over again for a pre/pro in my price range.

The LCRLsRS pass through is a full range, analog, clean as hell pass through when the bass management switch is in the off position. My problem is only with the Sub output of the 6channel pass thru. This output gets bass information from the other five channels added to it regardless of the analog bass management switch position. In fact, inside the unit there are basically 6 relays that switch the signal back and forth between full range (bass management off)and hipass filtered (bass management on, but the relay for the sub output has been linked out. So the sub output is always exactly the same signal regardless of bass management switch position.

This is an unacceptable combination if you want to use an external bass management solution on the 950 output AND you have a DVD-A or SACD Multichannel format player using the 6 channel pass through. If you have the above combination, "doublebass" is your problem too. I personally won't even put the thing back in my rack until I find a solution.