I have owned a great NAD 7175 for the last 15+ years. After waiting to take the plunge to surround, I decided last fall to get a 950. I waited for the beta testers, then for the first glowing reviews to get onto the waiting list. Then the production stoppages began. In the meantime, I bought a Parasound HCA-855 from a local dealer for a fantastic close-out new-in-box full-warranty price. My wife asked that I get rid of my old monster Klipschs (sniff) so I bought some Klipsch Quintets (please don't laugh, with a great placement they sound fantastic, slightly bright but as detailed as my friend's Def Techs or my buddy's Energys). In exchange for downsizing, I was allowed an SVS 16-46PCi. Trial and error speaker placement and the SVS tamed with a BFD gave me very good sound with my NAD. Today my 950 arrived. Twenty minutes later I am hooked up (just 2 channels until Saturday, at which time I will comment on my home theater experience) and listening to Steely Dan. WOW! My old receiver was not muddy, but this was clearer. CD after CD, all of my much played favorites, each sounded different than before. I listen fairly critically to my music, and where I used to hear a melody with several instruments, now I was hearing each instrument seperately. I always was a little skeptical of the words "depth", "soundstage" and "detail" relating to stereo reproduction. I always heard all of these on my system and never really thought I would notice anything for the better (worse I could see, just compare my NAD to a boombox). I now understand what others describe using those 3 words! I have worked in radio as a dj, I have installed over 100 car stereos and generally been a budget 2-channel enthusiast for most of my life. I am incredibly impressed with how much better the Outlaw-Parasound combo sounds than any other system I have owned or listened to. I cannot yet comment on features or movie surround, but as far as 2-channel is concerned, this thing rocks! One last quick comment...I have NO HISS AT ALL.