Got my 950 yesterday. I have hiss issues, which I stated in another posting, but I have an even bigger problem right now.

After installing the 950 into my system, I began to power things up. I knew I was in trouble when the first thing I turned on was the TV and TV was making some buzzing type noises: put your each to the TV and you hear it, nothing from say 10' feet away. Well sure enough when I turned everything else on, the terrible buzzing is now coming through all the speakers - very audible with nothing playing or a quiet part of a movie.

Here is where I am looking for help from fellow Outlaws. I am using my TV as a monitor, so I only have 2 connections to it: composite and S-video in. If I turn the TV off, the buzzing goes away (hard to watch movies though). The TV is a tubed 27" JVC. The buzz is even coming out of the TV's speakers (with TV volume set to zero), but at a low enough level to not be audible from a few feet away. Switch the TV to its tuner input, and the buzzing through the TV's speakers is greatly reduced.

I tend to think I am getting transformer noise from the TV, but I guess it could be ground hum related too. My TV source is an ungrounded attic antenna into the VCR with a ground buster between the antenna and the VCR (which cured my ground loop hum that I had previously). I am not sure if the noise is getting into the system through the ground on the video cables back to the 950 (I can check this tonight my disconnecting the composite cable. The S cable is connected directly to the DVD player.) or is it a radiated noise problem where some of my other cables are acting as antennas.

Either way, I am looking for ideas to help troubleshoot this and make it go away. My first though is noisy AC which is making the TV noisy. Anyone else ever have this problem? Did a power filter solve this?

Thanks for your help.