I was a little put off a few months ago after I emailed outlaw explaining that I had read the harry potter thread and understood it and needed to know how much content was lost with the suggested fix, and if they had an idea how frequently this problem might occur as new dvds are released. I got a prompt reply explaining that all I need to do is activate the rear center, and if I have further problems don't hesitate to ask. So I wrote back explaining that I knew all that, but I needed to know how much of a compromise results from no center rear speaker on a problem disk. Never heard from them again. I think I understand the can of worms they think they must avoid opening. Personally, I realize it's only a $500 receiver and I wouldn't expect them to do much other than take it back if it happened to be during the 30-day window. But an honest answer to a technical question would have been appreciated. I also agree the absence of a revision of the 1050 billing on the website is a mistake. I guess they figure most people will just add the sixth speaker, which isn't an option for me.