Quote:
Originally posted by 73Bruin:
... However, I purchased the unit with the expectation that it could correctly playback all Dolby 5.1EX encoded disks. I would not have purchased it otherwise. This is still my expecatation given that Outlaw still advertises on its website that the 1050 is "100-percent compatible with all Dolby Surround EX 6.1-channel theatrical soundtracks".

I agree 100% with 73Bruin.

The product has been and and continues to be advertised as being able to decode Dolby Ex.

Quote:
Outlaw Model 1050 Specification Document, Outlaw Product Site:
.. The Model 1050 uses a proprietary 6.1 channel processing algorithm developed by Outlaw and chipmaker Zoran Corporation. This processing is 100-percent compatible with all Dolby(TM) Surround EX(TM) 6.1 channel theatrical soundtracks. ....

It is clear that it does not do what it purports to be able to do.

I think Outlaw needs to address this issue and resolve it. Be it a firmware fix, recall, a resonable monetary compensation for those who are willing to take that kind of compensation, public apologies, or whatever else form they might think of.

I think it is a rather poor that Outlaw simply dismisses the matter with "We have no plans to address this issue". I don't even owne the 1050, but had high regards for the company.

In the end, this gives me the impression that all manufacturers are the same. Big or small, when the economics are not there, the consumers get the short end of the stick.

Regards,

[This message has been edited by BleakShore (edited October 24, 2003).]