I seriously doubt that Outlaw is ignoring this issue. It would be a departure from their previous customer service policies. On the other hand, the original solution to the problem (which was traced back to Dolby's software, not to any hardware manufacturers) was tested internally and very quietly. They contacted an original 1050 beta tester (everybody wave to Pat!) for external verification, but otherwise kept pretty quiet about it. The first we knew of their efforts was a post here documenting the solution. The current problem appears somewhat stickier, but I very much doubt that Outlaw is shrugging their shoulders and saying "bummer." If you want some confirmation on this, I'd recommend a phone call (866-688-5292) or e-mail ( info@outlawaudio.com ) to Outlaw to quiz them about it. With their "hands-off" policy in this forum, they are unlikely to directly involve themselves in the debate until they have some sort of answer for us.

Quote:
"The Model 1050 uses a proprietary 61. algorihtm developed by Outlaw and chipmaker Zoran Corporation. This processing is 100 percent compatible with all Dolby Surround EX 6-1 channel theatrical soundtracks."

It doesn't say all but a few.

It was also written before this EX flag cropped up and caused headaches for most every proprietary 6.1 "EX clone" developed between 1999 and late 2001 (when Dolby finally allowed licensing of Dolby EX). As I've said here before, I'm disappointed to see Warner even using this EX flag on a title after all the trouble it originally caused -- there are quite a few receivers out there that are susceptible to it, not just the 1050.

Anybody heard how the Onkyo receivers are coping with Chamber of Secrets? There were at least as hard-hit by it originally as the 1050 was.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review