Scott: Can you be more specific on what settings you should set the 1050 to, to resolve this problem and indicate whether this is a permanent solution for all movies. And if not what we settings we should use for each type. In my case I tried the 3 different methods listed below and all were lacking. In particular I am wondering if there is a lose of a lot of sound informaton when there is no rear center speaker. The closest comparison I can come to is if you were listening to a system without a center channel speaker and did not turn on a phantom center channel. Only a small amount of very specific directional signal is audible.

1) I had my 1050 set to 5.1 using 5 speakers fed by my DVD's optical input (it doesn't have coax). I found the surround sound to be excellent but subject to random dropouts like everyone else's. I gave up after 5 minutes.

2) I rewired my system and actually watched the movie using the DVD player's normal 2 channel analog output and the 1050's Dolby Prologic setting. The rear sound info was about what you would expect.

3) After seeing a post about this problem last night on another board, I restored the original wiring and reconfigured the 1050 to have a non-existant rear center and changed it to use the Optical Digital signal. The 1050 seemed to go to 6.1 mode automatically. I don't recall anything about DTS showing up. While this cured the dropout problem, I thought that with one or two exceptions the rear audio signal was completely lacking. No volume, virtually dead and ultimately less satisfying then the prologic scenario.

For what its worth, I had just gone through the AVIA disk and balanced my rear speakers to the fronts. They are now +9DB and normally very noticable when watching regular 5.1 movies.

[This message has been edited by 73Bruin (edited April 26, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by 73Bruin (edited April 27, 2003).]
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra