So far so good. I've had mine since early May and have been enjoying it since. Hiss is only audible at about 3 inches from the speaker. Sounds great with HT, good with music. Still tweaking it musically but so far, it's seems to be a bit "bright" or "revealing" for my tastes. However, it's not what I would consider fatiguing in it's current set up.

Only two issues for me:

1. The delay in picking up (digitally) surround format. I lose about a fraction of a second or so of the first song of the CD and the same amount of time during DVD playback. It's most noticable during the extras on a DVD. Check out the Phantom Menace deleted scenes for an example. Modes (DD 5.1 and 2.0) seem to flip between the deleted scenes and the interview prior to the scene. It gets old missing the first few sylables of the interview or music from the scene itself. According to most, it's an unavoidable issue for pre/pros. The beta testers have indicated that the "blank" is much less than the beta units they tested. I can't imagine it being any longer.

2. The remote - Kinda awkward, front heavy. No apparent "scrolling" through FM/AM presets (did I miss it?). I'm getting a HTM MX-500 in the next day or so. That will help the multiple remote issue which is also a pain. Didn't try to program the 950 remote as I knew eventually, it would be replaced with a Pronto or MX500.

BTW, I currently have the 950 mated to B&W CDM1NT mains, LCR6 center, 600 rears, SVS 20-39PC w/improved driver, Rotel RB985mk11 amp, a mix of AR, Outlaw and Canare DIY interconnects.

Overall, I'm happy with the 950 especially at the $899 price. At this point in time, I can't see spending more for the 1066 (w/no tuner) much less the more expensive pre/pros.

Bob