Merc
Quote:
In fact, I sincerely hope I get the unit otherwise intended for you.

That has to be a classic.
Merc, I am feeling the love.

Honestly, I have agreed with a lot of your posts and do thank you for your time as a beta tester. If you need to return your unit then by all means do so. And long and behold I'm sure you will receive your replacement prior to any of us on the waiting list.

I still haven't found your statement or statements of your unit possessing hiss as deemed a problem by OUTLAWS:
Quote:
We consider the "ear in the tweeter" method an unrealistic test, and if that is what is causing a problem for you, we are unable to help. If you don't hear the problem under reasonable listening conditions, as is the case for the vast majority of Model 950 owners, you are fine. There is no need to do anything other than enjoy the sound of great movies and music. This is NOT a problem that appears over time; so don't worry about it appearing later if you don't hear it at first.

You stated yourself
Quote:
Regardless of the fact that my hiss is only audible from 4 inches or less, it may not be so on different gear in the next owners HT.

I may be wrong but if I were OUTLAW I'd be worried how it sounds on your gear NOW. Not someone else's who you are planning to sell your 950 too.

Sorry if you felt I razzed ya

[This message has been edited by werner52 (edited July 22, 2002).]