Oh well,
I'll give up. Some of you do at least see my very specific points and their validity as to how they lead to all sorts of diff. end results -though the meter's the same.

This is why my using a meter is irrelevant to my points.

I could go buy a meter today, as post here at least FIVE very diff. surround/sub settings (same meter/same system/all done 'correctly' only variable "choices" would be the diff.) and none could be certified correct.
None could be called wrong either.
No one gets this f-a-c-t?

This is not conjecture.

The variables I pointed out (and others have pointed out unwittingly before me) are real world facts.
Disprove any of them. You've had many days to come up with something.

Matthew, I don't know what you mean about my posts come in pairs? Is that a joke I didn't catch, or what? "Good thing come in pairs?" No, I supose that's not what you meant is it.

Actually I do this to get my post count up. Oh no..., they don't have post counts here!!! I guess this was all a waste of time! -heh

I seen your posts in the past and believe you have a good mind, and I think we often agree (or come close) most of the time.
On this issue, I hope you took the time to think about the almost endless methods you could use to SPL meter your system and wonder how you're sure you choose the right one.
'Cuz the whole point is to be far more accurate than a 'by ear' guess right?

I won't post in this thread again (which will no doubt kill it).