Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:
Again, has either of you even tried LISTENING to the differences of different quality cables? You two are so statistically minded and absolutely rock-solid-fact oriented in thinking that you don't open your minds to even the remote possibility that there could be an audible difference.

Yes I have. I'm open to the possiblity they sound different. Show me. Show me a proper blind listening test or an instrumented measurement where an audible improvement in fidelity was shown.

Explain why cable companies don't wave the results of such tests under every skeptics' nose.

I'll do it for you - they don't exist.

Quote:
That my opinion differs from yours I completely understand. But what you don't seem to understand is that no matter how much mumbling you continue with, you will not sway my opinion! As I am NOT trying to sway yours!!!!!! I agree to disagree, and will leave it at that!

I'd just hate to see some poor sap believe this mumbo-jumbo. You - do as you wish.

I'm glad you like your wires. If you want to export your internal feelings and call them facts expect to be asked for proof. When you look for proof, don't expect to find any.

Quote:

Charlie - "The reference to 'digital' cables really seals the deal."

- REPEAT -(and read carefully this time) Simple answer - By allowing the digital/analog source to better project itself through said cable, or as I stated above, become more transparent than higher distortion cables!-

Chuck, buddy. Is a cable a SOURCE? NO! It is a signal path by which audio information is sent from the source, to the processor, to the amplifier, to the speaker!!!! I NEVER stated that the cable was analog or digital, only that the SOURCE WAS!! You just assume, and obviously do not fully read what is written!! NUFF SAID!

Indeed. Digital cables was used as shorthand for 'cables used to transmit digitally encoded data', I didn't intend to confuse you. Sorry.

So, explain how a cable used to transmit digitally encoded data can sound different than a second cable used to transmit digitally encoded data given no data errors (as I would expect from any reasonable device-wire-device combo), using say, a DVD player and an Outlaw 950 as examples.

Or is 'improved transparency' for 'cables used to transmit digitally encoded data' only detectable on the astral plane?

Charlie