If you really believe that you heard obvious differences between different cables, then the set either included faulty connections, or your mind was tricking you.

If you don't believe that, try to find one, any, something where a scientific, double-blind, level-matched test verified a statistically significant difference between two interconnects. Or speaker cables (as long as they were reasonably sufficient). Or power cords.

You will find nothing but anecdotal evidence. "I'm sure I could tell a difference. Really, I did!"

Cables with active circuitry are a different story, but as posted above, that's a really silly place to try to tweak/alter system sound.

People that buy into this line also tend to make arguments like "keep your speaker wires the same length, so that the signals get to your ear at the same time". To hear the difference in time delay between a 1 foot cord and a 100 foot cord, you would have to keep your head still to sub-millimeter precision. Good luck.

Room acoustics and speaker driver design have far, far, far more influence on tonal balance than any interconnect or wire.