Without re-starting the old 'magic vs. snake oil' argument let me just say that existence and size of 'the cable industry' says more about marketing and sales than anything else.

To alter sound audibly, a cable must differ enough in electrical properties from a 'zero length' wire to alter the signal transmitted. Since it is trivial to make a wire that does not alter the signal audibly, any wire that sounds different than the trivialy constructed 'straight wire' interconnect is introducing distortion. While it may be a pleasing distortion, it is also dependent on the properties of the devices the are being inter-connected and as such is difficult to predict.

Thus my statement - if one wants EQ, use an EQ/tone/tilt controller.

The Outlaw interconnects seem very nicely made and I would be surprized if any sort of well run listening test (meaning any sort of good blind test) could show a audible change due to them over a second reasonably well made interconnect.

I have heard of interconnects that included 'magic boxes' containing LRC networks. I can see where they would introduce audible distortion in some cases.

Charlie