... and *bonus*!, I'm very pleased with my 950. (it's already become "my" 950).

I'm posting this because I think there is one other factor - that is speaker sensitivity. it's possible that many people who are noticing any hiss at all have either sensitive (efficient) speakers, or defective units on some level. I've had my unit installed for almost 3 weeks now, and no problems. I have Carver Platinum planar-magnetic mains, and putting my ear up to them, or my Infinity Center, I don't hear any hiss at all, at all volume settings with no input, analog bypass, etc.

Like many things when looking for possible faults, or just to satisfy your curiosity, I believe it's often a "combination" of factors that come into play, including the sensitivity of your speakers, the interaction of components, in this case amplifiers as well. I have a Bryston 2b driving my mains, a Marantz M500 for the Center channel, crown for the surrounds, and a NAD strapped driving my sub, with Aura bass-shakers, etc.

overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase - no regrets - for the money (even with dreaded Canadian exchange) I feel I have gotten full value for my cash - how often can you say that, I wonder..

keep up the good work in your engineering, Outlaw. I hope that those of you having problems can get them corrected, with Outlaw's help of course.

I wrote this because I wanted to post something positive, as a pleased-as-punch customer.

------------------
- 0 -
no 3-wish limit