Dzung Pham:
I believe they were set up with the test tones from the 1066, not any special calibration disk.

Jed M:
I don't have the Rotel in my possesion so I can't do it the other way around. I could tell that the center was blatently out of place.

Side note: When I first got the 950 and set it in my system (aside from this test about 30 days ago) I had to tone down the center. With the SPL meter it was in the neighborhood of 4DB higher than that of the fronts, everything was set on the 950 at 0db.

To answer your question how I determined it was the 950 an not the other way around. I could hear the center out of place on the 950. If I remember correctly the Rotel was like +1 for the center, +2 for the right and +3 for the left. Thats the numbers I would expect from the 950 as well. That wasn't the case with the 950, even at home my fronts are about the same as the system we used, but my center at home had to toned down to like -3db. There was cohesion between fronts and the center on the 1066. Effects rolled left to right and front to back smoothly on the 1066. The 950 it was like left--center--right, front----back, where your transitions were choppy. Not terrible, but noticable. All three of us noticed. Now, I am sure I could have toned down the center by dropping it 4db, but in reality they *should* be even. Now hypothetically speaking if the 950 is giving odd volatages out that don't match each other, you could SPL each channel and probably do away with problem number 1. Which I have already done in my system, it looks like others have done it as well.

Since I do have access to a Ref 30. (I'll drag my brother over and his B&K in tow) I could then have a day of testing versus only a couple hours.

Jeff