Quote:
Does that make sense? Or help at all?
All input is always greatly appreciated! I prefer to ‘blank slate’ and ponder facets of all I view/hear/see.
The plus of having the knob inactive with power off, does not apply here, as we really never muck with it physically therefore in that scenario it is never accidentally spun up. I have run into over steer on many occasions trying to keep the TV audio low with too few incremental choices, but never thru my current receiver. Additional range in the dB’s would probably be appreciated once I had access but currently find no fault with my more limited range on the potentiometer.

Haven’t kept my promise to Sanjay yet to cover up the view, but that’s a needed experiment, as the visual ck. is an unconscious action. I was hoping not to drag out the dratted remote manual, (very obtuse), until new components needed to be added. After a first read went ‘huh’, and after second perusal just starting punching buttons and finally tamed it.

I did think about playing with it again, since the Sony is limited to 3 main system control macros, and someone (Owls W ,Sandman,or ?) gave me the idea that other source selection buttons might accept a whole chain of macros, for further tweaking. Although, it’s possible to lose memory of where selection’s live, if you don’t use them frequently. Since I never want to touch other remotes, I have all the DVD micro adjustments spread across the VCR2/VCR3/DVD source buttons now.
I know the Pronto seems popular, I have the Sony, which I picked up before I saw other choices available in a commander. I have that vague memory that the Sony would not incorporate mute, or vol. +/- in the macros. If it's doable, have no idea if it would take a 'duration' signal or incremental 'taps'. Possibly this weekend I can sort it out and post on abilities.