Quote:
head out of Cosmo

Cosmo – Smamos. I did a stint of modeling years ago (Market Hall not print) and I hate that stuff!
Quote:
back into Guide to Home Theater

Yep that’s me, at the big family gatherings and/or events, you’ll find me with the guys talking aviation, not with the manicure crowd. (mine are consistently broken from horses and garden)
Tim, the Tool Man is one of my heroes; the trouble he gets into makes me quite fond of him, as its rather reminiscent of my own husband!

Kidding aside:
I really could look at a broad, (price) range, but as I’m new to this, and love a bargain. I have settled on Outlaw as a great, medium for my learning curve. If my own ears agree with the hype, I think it’s an excellent choice. I feel in my first peek into this industry (all of audio/video), that the change of pace in technology is far too aggressive and unstable in the tech, particulary in infor chain, ie,firewire,Ditg. out copywrite hitch, decoders for HDTV, COFDM vs 8-VSB etc. The other day I read, (I believe maybe Audio Engineering Society or such) right now, the “Media moguls are eating their own young”.
I’m not saying I won’t make a purchase based on the I don’t care, I like it now theory, (I can impulse buy with the best of em!). But I’m trying to be cagey and wise in this new arena.

I am too much the Neophyte, to worry right now about some of the time delay etc, issues. (I know, I know, I should, but a few things at a time) But Volume, now that’s something I understand. Every purchase design has tradeoffs. Right now my husband has pushed me to buy a new car, but they just don’t make what I want. (A cross, between a Vette, Austin Martin mixed with Minivan, PU, Hummer!) And no, the volume tweaking is definitely not an issue alone to nix a purchase.

Owls Warder, good point and actually the entire reason I posted my gripe, to see what back door method of dealing with this (issue for me) might have been achieved by any of you. I can’t recall absolutely, but its seems I played with volume settings in my macros a year ago when I set it up, and twasnt allowed. I’ll look up the manual and try to verify this soon.