Don’t mean to sound nitpicky, as was well proven on the other forum, it is almost hilarious how one factor
“gets someone’s goat”, that another operator finds a complete non-issue. There are some other larger “tweak” limitations, that don’t bother me a bit.

Sanjay, Yes it does, but never does the TV volume level get placed where simply powering up would make you jump out your skin. When my guys were 3 & 5 they could occasionally fool me like that, but being teenagers when they crank it, its always through the receiver now.

Gonk, I think you & I have the same remote and I love my macros!
I have 3 main choices, and we live by them, (the coming and going crowd I’ve trained to 3 buttons, since my remote is a bunch of incomprehensible paths to them.) If I leave even one step out for them on the 3 mains, (such as engage play) they tend to start turning my system upside down punching any ole button on screen.
1) Powers up Satellite & TV, with audio thru TV, (we never push the volume on that). If its something good, I add the reciever through the separates section.
2) (This is a problem) is set to power up DVD. Correct Video Feed, Audio thru receiver, DVD & Play all at once. Usually the DVD just defaults to the menu screen which can have a quite loud audio loop playing right away.
3) Video off, powers up the CD and the receiver, with play engaged.

The problem for me is I have learned & so have the kids, on 2 & 3 to do that quick ‘visual’ to the receiver knob if you don’t want a nasty surprise. If I cant ‘see’ it, in countless scenarios I can ‘hear” us getting burned.
I could be safe, and step over the BIG dog whose ‘spot’ is always right in front of these controls, hit power and immediately spin the knob down, (since its not engaged with power off). And then go back across the room and back to my macros.
When its gonna hurt, Is watching ‘The Sixth Sense” basically a dialogue movie, and having volume up, Pop around the corner to answer a call/knock; hit mute, and come around the corner and engage, during the staircase birthday party screaming scene etc. We have all trained to “visual” before hitting macros on, mute, etc.

And yes Sanjay, (I can see you thinking) , I do have to step over the dog to load the DVD’s, CD’s any way. But I usually have 2 CD’s loaded that stay put for days and weeks at a time, As I breeze around I’ll engage them if alone, at any given time day & evening, with the remote.

Just a major speed bump for me individually, prob. not for anyone else.