Per Jeff, the volume knob does not physically ‘move’ with the remote? In addition spinning the volume knob while power is off does not change volume setting?
This appears bizarre to me, how do you stop from blowing the room out of the water on power up?
I assume my old JVC has a motorized volume, (although I’ve never heard the motor). The knob rotates with remote send, extremely smoothly in any increment needed.

I rarely physically move my volume. Yet a quick visual check is part of my power up preflight routine. Across the room, I can see the ‘mark’ in lighted conditions, and when the unit is powered, in darkened conditions, there is a tiny display dot that shows me exactly where I lay.
On a few occasions, the knob has visually looked dangerously high for startup, I go over and physically turn it down, (with power off), realizing that my volume down, through the remote, will not rotate counterclockwise fast enough on powerup, before the processing delay hits the speakers.

So on the 1050/950 the knob if moved with power off, and/or by the remote, leaves you with no line of sight clues as to volume level setting!

How do you who live without this keep from giving yourself, the neighbors, and the pets a dangerously riveting wake up call?
This one doesn’t seem at all simpatico with my normal system routines.