Yes those are good suggestions and I will certainly want to angle the center down somehow if I go with one center channel speaker on top of the TV. I could not put the center under the TV unless I put it in front of the TV on a stand, angled up. I plan to experiment with that also. I love my JBLs, though, and they were designed as floor standing speakers. These were stereo speakers and not home theater so there is not a matching center that I am aware of. Being designed as floor standing they cannot be easily raised, and raising them may impact their sound I suppose. The VR12 is a real good center, as I have been through several, but I still prefer the sound of the JBL L5s. So I think these various configurations will have a hard time beating running dual L5s as the center, but I will need to test everything and see what sounds the best. If I had all speakers from the same manufacturer that would be best but since I own four JBL L5s I think the closest I will ever get to that is to run dual centers with two L5s as center and an L5 as left, and right. Then the back will be on something different but I think that will be the least noticable. I may be able to pick up some JBL L1s or L3s that would work in the back in the VR12 is not suitable for that application.