Like others have said-- if it sounds like a $900 piece of equipment then where is the intended value for the money? What then is the point of having an Outlaw Audio in the first place?

You would think it could and should sound more like a B&K or Anthem (if not better if they're using a more straight forward/simple design w/ cleaner soldering and noise free power supply and proper shielding) since they are selling direct without going through a dealer chain which includes markup. A well thought out design which is produced enmasse (so batch prices are chopped) can sometimes yield a better result than a poorly conceived and engineered HT-boutique priced product that was created in limited quantities.

The prices Outlaw sells for should be basically dealer cost given to us directly.

I'm guessing if that was the case then a $900 Model 950 unit maybe should be equivalent to a $1,500 - $2,000+ piece depending on relative dealer markup.

The proof is in the listening and thorough, professional testing of the Model 950 when it is finally released.

--------------

My initial reasons for wanting a Model 950 are the features (namely DTS-ES, DD EX, ProLogic II, and adjustable bass X-overs) and potential sound quality for the price.

Besides, I currently have two processors (one for straight DTS, which is a very limited first generation Millennium 2.4.6 with a noisy relay, but overall good, clean sound from its simple/clean design and Burr-Brown pro-DACs, and an all-digital input Sony ES for Dolby Digital/ProLogic that does have adjustable bass paramenters, AC-3 LD RF demod., and an EQ, but has a noisy power supply and runs damn hot).

Those two create a huge rat's nest of various interconnects due to the fact I have one decoder for each format and the requirement of an outboard A/D converter and digital output format converter. With the Model 950 my system would be a hell of a lot simpler and less messy.

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan Hitchman (edited January 08, 2002).]