Thanks

I think I am going to go with the 950/770 and find a way to wiggle another 500-1000 into speakers, but only if i need to.

As for the stereo exchange, I was there last week, briefly and have been to harvey's and lyric hi fi (uptown) in the past.

I will spend a lot of time listening to speakers, and I will be upfront with the salesperson saying that I will definitely not buy after an initial hearing and will need to comeback for a 2nd hearing.

Also i did check out the speaker board. I am going to add atlantic technologies to my list (as that is the reference system outlaw uses). I already planned on listening to PSB, paradigm, klipcsh, and B&W to as well, but first I wanted to hear def tech and infinity. The insane reviews has drawn my attention to def tech (i really like rewarding companies that make the effort to make good price/performance products) and the infinity due to some prior experience (my old roommate had an incredible set).

Thanks you all for the recommendations, and thank you Jeffrey, I'll check out Soundcity. Btw, I live on Houston on the eastside.

V