I was really busy in my shop during and immediately after my divorce. And then I made a career change. That consumed my life for a few years and a lot of started furniture projects were never finished. There's the fully machined parts for a cherry and ebony sofa table to match the rest of the set that is still sitting on the rollaround cart. A custom island for an ex-girlfriend is pretty much the extent of it for the last few years. (lots of ex's in there... :rolleyes: )

The big 3hp General needs a tune up. Blades need to be sent out for sharpening. Jointer and planer knives need sharpening and setting. Mortiser bits, chisels, scrapers...the Performax needs a new table belt...gawd...so much work just to get started again. I need a big bug to bite me. And the only bug in sight is the one that has you swing a stick at a little white ball.

Priorities change. I visited Russia last year and will walk on the Great Wall this year. Also will visit Budapest and Prague. I'm thinking after all that I'll come back to the shop and get those tools ready for something creative. Seeing your work and feeling a need has me thinking about it for the first time in many years. You got the juices flowing.

I even let the HT wither until this year. Now with a new 60" SXRD Sony and the Outlaw 990 and the Oppo I can't seem to get my hands on enough DVD-Audio and SACD. Pretty soon I'll have to start building furniture part time to pay for everything. eek
Outlaw 990; Carver TFM45 (mains); Carver TFM35 (surrounds); Carver TFM24 (bridged for center); Carver TFM15CB (rears); Acoustic Research AR9 mains; Polk CS400I center; Polk FX500I surrounds; Polk FX300I rears; Sony KDS-60A2000; Oppo DV-981HD; MX-850