Grimster,

I know what you mean about hiding the natural look of wood. I haven't stained any of my projects for a long time, however in your case it seems more than appropriate. Furniture needs to fit the space and a natural finish on your cabinet might distract your attention from the screen. The screen is really the focal point in your room. In my case my HT is part of my family room and the cabinet needed to fit in with the other cabinets and furniture in my house.

I read in your Polk forum this is the latest of several cabinets you've built. Its recognition of your craftsmanship when folks make unsolicited offers to buy what comes out of your shop.

I'm curious how you intend to construct the shelves for your cabinet. Ply with solid oak edging? Any reinforcement to prevent sag? I'd be a little concerned about managing your 7700; its a beast at around 100 pounds!

Gonk, glad you enjoyed the pics!