Thanks for the kind words Aaron. I wanted a cabinet that was as open as possible so I used just one intermediate shelf. I was very concerned the shelves would eventually sag, in particular the one supporting the 80+ amp (same as the Outlaw 7500), so I reinforced them with oak runners dadoed into their underside. Using a fixed middle shelf also helps to prevent sag but limits flexibility. Grimster seems to have solved this problem with a middle support and so he can use shorter adjustable shelves.

Now that I've had my gear in the cabinet for about a year I know I don't need as much breathing room around each component. The 990 runs so cool I won't hesitate to stack another light item (e.g. dvd player) on top of it as long as the vents are not blocked. The ATI 2005 runs very cool and only gets warm after a couple of hours. Not shown in the photos are large holes in the cabinet back behind each component for wires but also at the shelf above to let warm air escape.

It was a fun project to plan and build.