Wow, no postings in this forum since April. I feel a bit weird now. Ah well. Actually, this forum COULD be useful, depending on the users applications. For instance, I'm soon buying new gear, and aside from a new receiver and CD player, I'm getting a turntable as well. As far as I'm concerned, finding the right furnature for a turntable is pretty damned important for a couple of reasons:

For one, the actual sound quality put out by a TT, is partially reliant on how steady/stable the table actually is. Low frequency resonance which vibrates throughout whatever the TT is sitting on, may cause tracking problems, leading to less quality than the thing is capable of. That's one thing.

Secondly, to fit a turntable, so that you're able to keep the top dust cover on it, is important. I personally would like a rack which has enough room to put the TT inside the unit, rahter than beside the TV on top of the rack.

I guess the only reason this forum may be "useless", is because no one has really come accross related issues, or because no one really cares. Too bad really, because I actually came to this particular section to see if anyone has delt with such things before.