HDCO,

While I do see the basis for your argument -that the product didn't satisfy your needs, and you determined this without actually putting it together or even fully unpacking it - I took a glance at the order form online. They are clear about charging a restocking fee on any opened package, for a pretty valid reason. Since you have opened it and peeked at it, they don't want to sell it to somebody else (as someone who got an opened CD changer from a local dealer once, I appreciate them sticking to that). Even the smallest company has to stick to certain policies for the sake of their own liability. And a policy that they list twice on the order form (see quotes below) and ask you to accept before ordering is clearly one that they intend to be firm on.

Quote:
If you choose for any reason to return these pieces within thirty days of receipt we will provide a refund of the product price less a 15% restocking fee for packages that have been opened or assembled.

Quote:
All returns must be shipped back unopened in their original condition and packing; otherwise, a 15% restocking fee will be applied. Units returned in unsaleable "other than brand new" condition will not be honored.

Now, if there were two boxes and you only opened one of them, I definitely see a case for disputing a restocking fee on the unopened box since the order form is clear that the restocking fee only applies to boxes that have been opened.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review