Quote:
Originally posted by garcianc2003:
Quote:
Originally posted by Videodrome:
[b]I know there are a lot of folks on these board who think the whole idea of after-market power cords is nutty, but in my system, I've had too many confirmations that they help (albeit more incrementally than other upgrades).
Well, the power cord for the LFM-1 is one of the cheapest-looking power cords I have ever seen in a piece of audio equipment. I am one of those skeptical ones but I am with you at least on the LFM-1.
Where do I get one of those cords? I would "upgrade" even if is just for looks. [/b]
I think anyone spending $1000 for a power cable to feed a $50 class D amplifier is out of their tree. If there was any truth to these aftermarket wonder cables "cleaning up the sound" it would be a simple matter of a before and after scope of the same bit of music to "prove" it.

I generally make my own power cables so I can control the length and use shielded cable, but expecting life altering changes in the music due to this "tweak" strikes me as a bit unrealistic. Stop in an actual recording studio sometime and look at the quality of the cabling used there (where they actually produce the signal that you're trying to reproduce). :-)

Best,