Ok, got the sub yesterday, got it home and did the calibration, put it next to my couch as this is one of only two locations I can put it right now.
My initial thought after one night of demo's is it is staying. It seemed to tighten up bass response immensely compared to the def techs and goes lower. It is not overwhelming bass but tight and is definitely there when called upon.I tried several different crossover settings with the fronts set to small and large + sub, the 60Hz sounds the best to me at this point but it sounds more full with the mains set to large.
I understand when they are set to small anything below the crossover point is sent to the sub, but with them set to large is all bass sent to both equally? anyway, much more to play with. also I would like to get the sms-1 but can't really swing it at this time, anyone have a BFD or similar that works well? just curious. thanks