jbassin: your experience tugs on a vague memory of mine. I had been using the speakers in an original cabinet, disconnected from the original electronics, in an older, mostly non-functioning Zenith all-in-one system for a ‘supplemental’ zone. The stereo unit was powered by the full-range output of a receiver. For normal listening, and for most loud listening, everything was OK. But at certain bass frequencies played loud, there was intermittent ‘scratching and popping.’ After some poking around inside the cabinet, I found that one of the friction-based speaker connectors starting to loosen. At some frequencies the wire would vibrate mildly creating some rapid make-and-break moments in the speaker connection. This sounded terrible. Slight corrective measures applied to the poor connection resulted in the problem being fixed.

Of course, any similar situation in your first LFM-1 was, under warranty, Outlaw’s problem to deal with, not yours. Very glad your situation worked out.

After some time for further listening, perhaps you’ll post again and let us know how well the LFM-1 performs in you situation.