As far as a new appliance, I don't have anything new in my entire basement area that hasn't been there for over 12 months.

I have simple Lutron dimmers on my lights and at times if they are in a dimmed mode the hum will be heard. In the past when I turned the lights completely off the humming stopped. That is not the case now. When I built my HT I put the room lights on a completely different circuit from the curcuit that powers all of my electronic equipment.

It has been rather puzzling since there were no problems until the last few months.

Does an appliance have to be on the same circuit to cause a hum or could it be upstairs over my theater or in another part of my house.

The odd part is that the hum has grown so loud that I turned them off the other night because they were such a distraction during a movie. It seems to be getting worse. One of the 2 subs is louder but they both are humming. I feel that the hum should be from interference of some kind but I haven't made any changes and I can't find the source of the interfence, but I'm not finished looking. I'm actually just getting started.

I appreciate your thoughts. It appears no one has had any hum problems with the LFM. My feeling was that the LFM's were going to be a quality product and shouldn't have this type of problem and I'm glad that seems to be the case. I absolutely love all of my Outlaw gear and I recommend Outlaw to anyone interested in HT's.

Still Puzzled,

AAWingnut