When the STF-2 went on Sale at Comp usa for $199, I was lucky to buy one. I installed it in my approx 24x16 basement home theater. I was pleased and surprised how much output this little guy could put out. But I felt I wanted a little more.... and I know that perhaps this little guy as good as it is, would not put out enough for this room.

Outlaw had a sale on B-Stock LMF-1 for $399, so I sold my STF-2 on Fleabay for a good profit, and bought the LMF-1 what a deal...

OK, now for the comparison. Immediately the LMF-1 went louder and deeper, this I totally expected. If fills the room very nicely, whereas I thought the STF-2 was reaching it's limits.

Now, I'm hapy with the LMF-1 no issue, however, I miss something from STF-2. I don't know how to explain it, while the LMF-1 goes louder and deeper, it doesn't seem to reproduce or hit as hard with higher frequencies. Let me explain. For example, the movie Master and Commander, chapter 4, I belevie it is, when they fire the cannons... the STF-2 while doesn't go as low or loud as the LMF-1, I felt it hit harder in my chest. You guys know what I mean? ONce again, the STF-2 doesn't fill the room as the LMF-1 does, or go as deep, but that upper bass frequencies seem to HIT harder than the LMF-1. I just miss that. Is this just a characteristic of the sub?