Since ~1994, I've had an NHT SW2P Powered Sub as part of my HT System. (NHT SW2P/MA-1 Specs below, if seeing them makes any difference).

I've already ordered 5 of the Klipsch RSX-5s to replace the rest of my old 5.1 system (LF/RF=Klipsch Kg3s, center= Klipsch KV3, surrounds=NHT HDP1s).

The SW2P is the last vestige . . . Does it need to go and, if so, do I replace it with a Klipsch or an Outlaw?

This arises because it seems to me that there is more than a small chance that subwoofer technology could have improved a bit since the SW2P & its amp were originally released in 1992. In light of that possibility, I am faced with the choice of keeping the SW2P to "fill in the bottom" under the RXS-5s, or getting a new powered sub to do that work.

So I suppose I'm first seeking advice about whether or not to make a change at all. While I've not had any problems with the SW2P in the past, I also know that I am so used to it that I may be missing something there that I'm not at all aware of. Also, I recently have read that the SW2P really does not do as well for HT use as it does for music -- and HT is 80%+ of how we use the system.

Assuming I do decide to make a change, I would appreciate any thoughts about the following replacement options for my ~16 x ~25 room & the 5 new speakers I'm adding (I hope you don't mind me mentioning the Klipschs here, but if I do make a change, I know it will be either to an Outlaw or a Klipsch. Surely, There's at least one Outlaw owner who has owned a Klipsch, isn't there?) :

1. One Outlaw LFM-1

2. One Outlaw LFM-2

3. two Outlaw LFM-2s

4. One Klipsch RSW10

5. One Klipsch RW10

6. One Klipsch RW12

7. Two Klipsch RW10s

8. One Outlaw LFM-1

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

- Paul

NHT SW2P:
10" woofer in vented enclosure.
Frequency response: 21Hz-350Hz, ±3dB direct in. ***
Sensitivity: 89dB (2.83V at 1m), 200W maximum.
Impedance: 8 ohms nominal, 6.2 ohms minimum.
Dimensions: 16" W by 16" H by 16" D.
Internal volume: 50 liters.
Weight: 40 lbs.

NHT MA-1 mono amplifier and electronic crossover:
Power rating: 80W into 8 ohms, continuous (19dBW); 120W into 4 ohms, dynamic (17.8dBW).
Dynamic headroom: 2dB.
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz, ±0.25dB.
THD: ±0.01%.
Slew rate: 30V/ms.
Measured output impedance: 0.09 ohms at 20Hz.
Measured input impedance: 22k ohms.
Measured maximum voltage gain into 8 ohms: 48.6dB.
Dimensions: 16" W by 3" H by 13" D.
Weight: 11 lbs.>

*** I have seen elsewhere that the SW2P really only goes down to 27Hz