Nag, nag, nag.

OK, I'm sorry for not posting sooner but I had a couple trees partially fall down in my yard from a bad storm and they needed to be cut down for safety reasons.

I did get the LFM-1 setup and ran a few movies through the system. It is a very powerful device that surprised me in a few ways.

First big surprise is that I can shake my whole house with it. I don't recommend that volumes this high are good for the house or the sub-woofer ... but it is possible.

Second big surprise is that the sub-woofer is quiet when it needs to be and only really becomes apparent when called up to do its duty. This is actually how I found out that the LFM-1 could shake the house. I wasn't sure it was working so I turned up the volume and ... well, you get the picture.

Having said all of this, I do believe that rooms like ours would get a better sound response with 2 sub-woofers. It would help with standing waves and sound quality.

I imagine there are more HT purists that would say we should instead adjust our room dynamics (i.e. close off the back section) to create a better listening environment. If you go this route ... then a single LFM-1 contains PLENTY of punch.