Hello

I have come across a problem with my LFM-1 that I was wondering if any of you have experienced.

First of all my setup:

950/770 combo
LFM-1
Onix Rockets 850 mains, rs 300 surrounds, rsc 200 centre, MK 250 rears
Marantz DV 8400

I have my speakers all set to small with crossovers all at 40. The LFM-1 crossover is cranked all the way to 160 to bypass and the sub volume is just over half way. My 950 volume is between -15 and -20.

I have only noticed this with movies so far and not with music. As far as movies go it has happened with Das Boot and LOTR-movies with some serious bass and dynamics.

It seems on passages with heavy dynamics (bass etc) I am getting a terrible sound almost like an engine "backfiring". It sounds like the LFM-1 can't handle these passages at all and is "bottoming out" ! The problem obviously goes away when I turn down the volume but I thought -20 was reasonable for a movie.

I am disappointed to say the least as even my old Paradigm sub did not experience this.

Am I doing something wrong-in my settings? Or is LOTR too much for any sub at this volume?

I played some music after the movie and the sub seemed to be fine. Hopefully I did not damage it.

Your comments and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables