many sing the praises for the ratshack cables... i have never tried them. i got all my cabling (except for what I have made) accomodation from Monster a few years back when I had the ability to do so. they are all top of the line monster, but they are not worth the retail prices and probably not even worth the accomodation prices which is like %65 off. a solid connector and some decent shielding fits the bill for most interconnects on typical length runs. a lot of people have adapted cat5 cable for interconnect use, which is just a solid conductor surround be an insulator (they terminate the ends into rcas obviously). i guess its all what you want, you can pay a lot more money for hardly/if any increase in performance, but they will surely look nice and have some snob appeal, or you can get the job done with your basic cable thats not straight out of the box...

i think you would only see a performance increase if you were to change the conductor metal in an interconnect (i.e. from copper to silver), but it is likely to be small as well... speaker wire has some more variables that affect performance, but interconnects are generally pretty standard. unless the connector doesnt hold tight or creates feedback, etc...

i think outlaw sells cables as well....