Update for my subwoofer choice; I ended up purchasing SVS PC Ultra over two LFM-1s last year October. Since then, I built DIY subwoofer using Avalanche 18" driver sealed sub also. I was living in Texas when all these things happened but now I relocated to Hawaii since July of this year. I used to listen occasionally dvds and cds at reference level but now it is almost impossible to listen at reference level without disturbing neighbors since Hawaii homes are so close together. And since almost all the homes here do not use air condition regularly, all the windows are opened and you can hear even the normal conversation sometimes. Anyway to make the long story short, someone offer to buy my other old Klipsch SW12 subwoofer (used for my two channel music system). Since I always wanted to try LFM-1, I finally ordered one. Knowing returning the LFM-1 is not option for me (unless defective) since the shipping cost to Hawaii is over $170.

I also recently upgraded my 950 to 990 as well. Quick comparison between SVS PC Ultra and one LFM-1; in my current living rm/HT dimension which was lot smaller than my Texas home, there is almost no significant difference between these two subs at normal listening level. However as the volume was pushed to higher level (hoping neighbors weren't home), SVS PC Ultra was giving me more "in your face" sub performance. So if your listening room is small to medium size HT, one LFM-1 should be more than enough to satisfy (at least for me). And if you have larger room, just get two LFM-1. I probably would have been happy with two LFM-1 instead of one SVS PC Ultra. But like many of us, that darn "good bass" is very addictive. Once you heard the good subwoofer performing, you will always wanted more of that.

Since only one good subwoofer is more than enough for my current HT setup, I ended up setting my DIY Avalanche 18" sub for movies only and SVS PC Ultra as music listening only in main HT setup. And LFM-1 is located in two channel music only setup (still spinning LPs) and perfectly happy with LFM-1 as musical sub. My old Klipsch SW12 sub was sounded boomy compare to LFM-1 which gives me very tight and controlled bass performance.