Finally I confirmed tonight that I suspected little awhile ago that my Klipsch SW12 was going bad on me. LFE effect was sounded like extremely harsh and badly distorted. When I turn the subwoofer off and turn all the other speaker setting into "large" and the movies are sounded balance again without the distorted sounds. Now I have an excuse to upgrade this old subwoofer quickly (oh, boy,,,). I was consulting with my wife regarding the "style" of certain subwoofers but surprisingly she prefers cyclindrical design like from SVS. Sigh,,,, now I need to go back to read all about these cyclindrical subwoofers (maybe I shouldn't have even showed to my wife about the "OTHER" designs). The only decent comparison between SVS cyclindrical sub and LFM-1 was by "gonk" little awhile ago. I need to research little more about this subwoofer before I plunge to buy that next sub. I guess this upgrading business is part of the best fun for our hobby. I hope to have my next sub by the end of next week...

[This message has been edited by justhavingfun (edited October 06, 2004).]