Since the DVD subwoofer output is connected to the LFM-1, you are presumably using the DVD player's Dolby Digital decoder. In that case, you'll need to calibrate it using the player's internal test tones or a calibration disc such as the two that kugumby suggests. Until you do, it's entirely possible that the sub is turned down too far either at the sub amp or in the DVD player's decoder - the LFM-1 has a good amp, but all it knows to do it reproduce the signal it's given.

I'm not entirely sure how your system is hooked up, but I'm going to guess that the stereo you are referring to is using the same speakers and the left and right channels of the home theater setup. If you connect the LFM-1 to both the sub out and the left and right speaker outputs, you will end up with a "normal" result while listening to the stereo but with a mix of signals hitting it at the same time during movies - the LFM-1 will be seeing (and performing some analog bass management for, I assume) the left and right channels at the speaker inputs and the LFE signal from the DVD player's subwoofer output. I'm worried that this arrangement will end up being unwieldy, overpowering, or perhaps even problematic for the sub's amp, and I'd definitely touch base with Outlaw before doing it since it is not an arrangement that is typically seen.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links