Howdy all,

I just got my LFM-1 and have been trying to get it set up for the last few evenings. Here is what I have found out, and if anyone else could comment on their experiences, or if I am just dumb, I would appreciate it.

When I calibrated the sub to be relatively close the DB's of the other speakers, I couldn't really hear it when watching movies of listening to music. So, I turned the gain up on the back until I could hear the bass the way I thought I should. I noticed however that I had to turn the gain almost all the way up to hear it. So, I went into the 950's (Yes, I'm a Outlaw Audio advocate here) menu and used the "Speaker Trim" to adjust the sub so that I didn't have to have the sub's gain turned all the way up. I actually had the trim up to +10 (max for a speaker calibration setting) and it still seemed like I had to turn the gain on the sub up to about 3/4 of the way to hear it the way I wanted too.

Now, for arguement sake, I'm not trying to shake the pictures off the walls here. I do want to be able to destinctly hear the bass and feel it at the listening position, if possible without taking the pictures off the wall. From the reviews I have read of the sub, it souded like it was more than capable of doing it, with room to spare. So, I'm curious if I just have something set wrong, or if this is normal. I have the crossover set to "bypass". I also messed with the phase switch, but couldn't hear any difference between the two phase settings. I am running Definitive speakers (mid level value) with the crossover on the 950 set to 80Hz.

Thanks for reading guys....if anyone could let me know of their experiences with the sub, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Incog

[This message has been edited by Incognito (edited August 05, 2004).]