curegeorg,

you bring up some great points, however I dont think cost is the true issue here. The SVS subs and Outlaw subs seem to offer a huge advantage by selling direct to the consumer. How much would these subs sell for at a Hi Fi store like Sound Advice 1,000, 1,200 or more. I have been looking for a while to replace my Klipsch LF-10 which i bought for 1,000 from Sound Advice. I considered the Velodyne SPL-1200 which was 1,400 at sound advice and can be found on the net ranging from 700-1400. Obviously there is a lot of mark up here from manufacterer to retailer. I think that is why most of us are looking into SVS, HSU, and Outlaw, NO MARK UP. I am sure you have an awesome system utilizing the HGS series from velodyne, I think the point is why spend 2,000-3,000 when you may be able to get something similar for 500-1,000. I know it may not produce levels like the HGS 15" or 18" but the cost savings probably outwieghs the output from a 3,000 sub. I am considering 2 outlaw LFM-1 subs or 1 SVS PB2-ISD or 2 SVS PB2-ISD, all can be had for around 1,000. That is a lot of sub for the money, my only question to this forum is which way to go based on experience in the group Outlaw LFM-1 or SVS PB2, SVS PB1. Thank you.