Quote:
Originally posted by Iggy The Dog:
George:

As you know, we canines are more atuned to high frequencies, rather than low, so I may be out of my league in this thread.

HOWEVER

The phrase "It's a dog's life" comes to mind -- and we have to live on a budget, as well. You imply that you paid more than $549 for your subs. HOW MUCH MORE? Quality is paramount, but must always be viewed (listened to?) in conjunction with the price/value equation. Your subs may be great, but how much more did you have to pay for them? (And, by the way, what are they?)

Some of can't afford to pay more and think that a product such as the LFM-1 is just what our needs require. Why do you put down people the way you seem to frequently do in your posts?

But what do I know, I'm only a dog...

ARF ARF, says Iggy

that is a pretty funny post, ill give you that. i paid $1232 for my Velodyne HGS-II 18, retailed for $3000+ if i remember correctly. at times i have used 4 Velodyne HGS-II 10s, pair with my fronts, pair with my rears; those i got for nothing. now i have the 18, and two clear acrylic 10s in the front only. the only reason i have 10s at all is because, they were free, and my fronts are bookshelfs that are waiting to be moved to the 6th and 7th channels and replaced by floorstanding (maybe, if i find some i like, well and start to look). the hgs-II 10 clear acrylic retailed $2000+ i think. oh and i got them all new, not used. the 18 is thx ultra (maybe ultra 2) certified, and i cant recall about the 10s. now i realize that not everyone can expect those prices, but you can however pick up some good equipment used for around those prices (well not free...). not that you will find many used velodynes... lots of times you can get yourself a deal, if you work at it, however you don't get many deals from online retailers... i have found that a lot of life is who you know, if you know the right people at the right time, then you can get lucky.
i dont like talking about my gear that much, but since you prodded and humored me...
when comparing products, you must compare apples to apples, the lfm1 is not an apple, however there are other subs that are the same kind of fruit that it is. if you dont know what an apple tastes like, then how can you ever really believe that what you have is so great? your frame of reference is what makes you say what you have is great or not, so keep that in mind. lfm1 is a great VALUE, but its not in the same class of what i am used to, so i cannot say that it is. and while my subs are top notch, i got them for a great value, just like all the other components in my system... some are awesome, some are good, all were good values (for me) or i wouldnt have bought them at all. and i dont try to talk down about products, because everyone likes different things, but i am merely trying to expand your horizons to see that there is more out there than a $500 sub, and that perhaps you should experience different things to see if its quality merits the price or if you could spend a little more and get more... the choice, my friend, is always yours. the u.s. army wants you, join now! j/k. lol