re eMachines: can't comment on their portables (since I'm a big Sony Vaio fan when it comes to portables) however two of the desktop systems in my home network are older eMachines products. They were incredible value then - and still are. I have nothing but praise for them. And when a power supply started to act up on one of them, their customer service rep was very helpful in getting me a replacement.

re the begging for forgiveness "Outlaw" approach: I'm all for it. However, unlike my once hiding a new sub under a table and behing a couch where it took my wife a few months to notice it, this weekend I indulged a minor mid-life crisis and bought a type of used car that I've wanted for years. I've spent all the rest of the weekend working my wife's gardens and flower beds for her - saving up those attaboys - since I'm not sure where I'm going to hide the car when I take delivery later this week!

re wives with long memories: I think the going rate is 1000 attaboys per awshit. Start saving!

Jeff Mackwood