I noticed a new 7-channel amp being introduced by Sherbourn. The model is 7/1250A, which will deliver 125 watts per channel. As many of us know, Sherbourn, Atlantic Technologies and Outlaw all share the same look and feel on similar components. Of course, the way these products are marketed (dealer network vs. direct internet sales) can greatly affect the final price…except for price; the product functions and capabilities are very similar.

So now to the point…I feel my current HT set-up cannot handle the 200 watt per channel that the model 770 amp provides, but believe I could use more then the 100 watts per channel from what the model 7100 can offer. With the anticipation of new Outlaw products coming out this year, I was wondering if we might see Outlaws increasing their amplification scale from 100 watts to 125-150 watts per channel through new product introductions similar to Sherbourn. Of course, those of you who need the massive power of 300 W/ch can start drooling over the model 790.

Here is the link: http://www.sherbourn.com/news/pressreleases/7-1250A_amplifier.php

I feel Outlaw gives you more bang for the buck but would like a little more oomph than what I can get from a 100 W per channel. I am waiting for new Pre/Pro (need Pro Logic IIx) to be released and will decide on combo platter (Pre/Pro & Amp) at that time. I also have a wide range of speaker amplification requirements.

Fronts L/R – KEF RDM 3
Amplifier Requirements: 30 – 200W
Impedance: 4 ohms

Center – KEF 100C
Amplifier Requirements: 20 – 175W
Impedance: 6 ohms

Rear Surrounds – KEF RDM 2
Amplifier Requirements: 30 – 175W
Impedance: 6 ohms

Side Surrounds – KEF Ci 130DS
Amplifier Requirements: 10 – 60W
Impedance: 4 ohms