Well guy’s I was finally able to spend some quality time with my new Outlaw 7100 amp. I was quite impressed! Now I guess that I should point out that before buying this amp I did audition some others, and researched a bunch more. The outlaw was a kind of a gamble in some respects because I was not able to audition it before buying it. I finally decided to take the plunge after reviewing the 30 day return policy, over and over and over again!

The addition of a separate amp really added a great deal to the overall sound quality in my HT. My Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX was doing a pretty good job of powering the Lsi series speakers, but it is rated for speakers that are 6 to 16ohms nominal. Yes I did notice an increase in the heat generated by the receiver.

The Outlaw performed beautifully from the start! Imaging was always great, and it’s even better now! I guess the best way to describe the sound of the new amp is “average.” No I do not mean that in a negative way, quite the opposite actually! I really did not detect any substantial change in the mid’s, or high end at all. What I did notice was that the sound that was now coming out of my 4 ohm speakers did not seem, I dunno, strained is the only word I can think of that fits. Kind of like the receiver was having a tough time before adding the amp. Does that make sense to anyone? I was concerned that a $900 7 channel amp would not sound as good as an amp costing a great deal more, I worried needlessly.

If it helps, or matters, the source material included CD’s, SACD’S, DVD-A, DTS, and of course a little vinyl! I listened to rock, jazz, blues, classical, and even an old Techno-pop CD (I’m so ashamed!). I played around with some of the DSP modes just to get an idea of what the amp would/could do in conjunction with the receiver. I quickly remembered why I don’t use the DSP modes for music…What the Hell was I thinking!

Tonight I’ll try a few movies at ear splitting levels...Just cuz!

Final thoughts….This is a great amp! I am very happy with it’s performance!

BTW, don’t be surprised to see this post on other forums, cut & paste is the only to go!

------------------
My HT