Crawling into fetal position:

Yes, I just found another post quoting Scott's remarks on the M200. I'll copy/paste them here:

Quote:

The Model 200 utilizes a newly designed (and proprietary), hybrid Class A/B/Class G circuit. It will provide class A/B power up to 80 watts (which covers about 98 % of most listening situations). Above 80 watts the Model 200 will instantly shift into Class G amplification. This approach was chosen because of our requirements that this amplifier had to be quite compact (1 3/4 inches high) In addition we insisted that the amplifier would not use any fans. For those of you who are curious, the transition from class A/B to class G requires just two microseconds (NOT milliseconds),and (we know this question is coming) the transition itself is 100% inaudible. This was key to us in that some other alternative designs exhibit audible side effects. Incidentally at 200 watts the 200 has less than .05 % THD.

So, the M200 IS Class A/B - at least up to 80W... matches the Parasound HCA855 at 85W pretty darn well!! In this case, I'd certainly go with the M200s... from what I've been reading about them in reviews the past few hours... I have yet to overrun the 85W of my HCA855 ... And, also, even in Class G, is still a completely linear amplifier. Its basically completely Class A/B - when it "switches" to Class G, it still operates in as a Class A/B amplifier - the power supply rails just change. Pretty cool !

Sorry to have created any confusion. I'd say try out the 200's...