Quote:
Originally posted by Hop:
The TV sound and SAT sound both come out a single Toslink connector. Can I program the 1050 to use the same optical input for both TV & SAT? If not, is there such a thing as a Toslink splitter?

You can select the same optical input for more than one source. The 1050 lets you select any of the optical/coax inputs for each source selected. You can download the 1050 manual from this site which may help you understand all it's capabilities. FYI: Although you don't need it for this reason there is a optical splitter available from Radio Shack for $10.
Quote:

I don't think the internal amp is big enough for the Martin Logans. Can I set the internal amp for 3 ch.mode and use preouts to my Carver M500t to power the mains?
The 1050 does have a 3 channel mode and I assume it will feed the preouts in this mode however I am not positive since I don't use my pre-outs. I will tell you however that the 1050 has more power than its rating suggests. I am powering some pretty inefficient B&W nautilus speakers (87db) with no problem. I don't know about electrostatic speakers. The outlaw support can easily help you with this one.