Another theory – not necessarily better, just different:

When first considering separates and Outlaw, I was also facing the 950/770 vs. 950/7xM200 issue, but for a 7.1 HT. Perhaps your decision is between a 755 and 5xM200. If expanding to 7.1 is a future maybe, you can add two M200's to either a 755 or five M200's. If a 7.1 setup is definintely in the future, or 5.1 with a stereo zone elsewhere, then a 770 is still a consideration as perhaps less expensive in the long run. Questions I had:

Could the dual transformer, multiple-windings 770 give me seven channels at 200 watts all at once without power supply trouble and within spec as seven M200’s could? Outlaw answer: Yes.

Cooling issues: the 770 has multiple, vertically oriented heat sinks inside, allowing upward-through heat dissipation of all channels at once. Seven M200’s, if driven hard, could not be stacked one immediately on top of the other. Cooling space would be needed between each one.

Mains power issues: even with multiple circuits, all the power comes from the same breaker panel. In my situation I don’t have the option of many circuits just for HT. The 770, even if driven to maximum output, will not draw more than one circuit can handle.

Back Up: I have an older Onkyo THX receiver. I can use the amplifier section only as a lower power temporary back up to the 770 should the 770 need repair.

Start-up Cost: the 950/770 combo was easier on the budget. And, as my user name reflects, I usually don’t put out additional funds for little gain.

Output Power needs: better than 99% of the time, I’m going to be coasting along less than 15% of 1400 watts total power availability. Probably 90% of the time I’ll be under 5%. The point of the 200 watts per channel is headroom and accuracy during transients, not attempting to crack the plaster and shatter glass. If I had slightly more efficient speakers, a 950/7100 combo would have been plenty. Would a 7100 be enough for you? Did I really need to consider multiple amps, power circuits, cooling, etc. as if I was going to really be pushing 7x200 watts continuously?

Shipping: In the event of repair, it would be cheaper to send one M200 out and back vs. the 770 with box at about 100lbs.

Outlaw opinion: I asked Outlaw support for an opinion. Their overall recommendation at the time: the 770. I haven’t been sorry I agreed.

Your situation and anticipated usage should affect your decision. I'm glad I could offer an opinion but sorry if it makes deciding more difficult. I think you will be pleased with Outlaw gear in either case.